[mythtv-users] Plextor Convertx

Dennis Hand d00dtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:13:08 UTC 2007

>Yes, it will be a dedicated Myth Box.

>Funny you should suggest trying a different distro. This weekend I tried
>both MythDora and KnoppMyth. I had the same problem with these, and it
>looks like I am not the only one (http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/1016) and
>(http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13115&sid=d1a87f0aff2a89335c35dfe732428305)

>KnoppMyth setup went very easy, but I was not able to get the Convertx
>working, so I tried MythDora. It had problems with my PCHDTV5500 card,
>such that I had to remove it to get MythDora to install. Note, I had this
>problem before too.

>I followed the directions and removed the packages, but I at first I was
>not able to get it to work. I did get it to work last night, so Looks
>like I might be switching to MythDora.

>And to the later question, I rechecked and under the Suse, I did compile
>it against the right kernel.

>Thanks for the help and suggestions

The problem your having with the PChdtv card is very similiar to what
is going on with your Plextor unit. If I'm not mistaken, the errors
your getting are almost indentical. From what I've found creating
MythDora is that this has to do with the alsa rpm packages using your
PChdtv card and FC. This has nothing to do with the way Axel created
them. It's just the code. I'm really hoping the alsa rpm's and PChdtv
get along in FC6 as that is what the new MythDora will be on. As for
your Plextor unit, I've found that the problem lies both in alsa and
video4linux rpm packages for FC. Again, nothing to do with ATrpms
rpm's. This has to do with the source code from
http://oss.wischip.com.  It hasn't been updated in a while. Now I'm
not sure what you have installed on your Suse system but if I were a
betting man you have either one or both of these installed and that's
why your getting errors. This is just my personal experience.

Dennis Hand