[mythtv-users] OT: Mythfrontend on a Wii - ever posible? (Mythweb flash streaming)

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 30 16:38:19 UTC 2007

> Has anyone tried this yet?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from
> _mythweb_using_flash_video
>
> My Wii has issues loading my Recorded Programs page on MythWeb, but I
> think that's because it's loading from 300GB of SD recordings...

I got my Flash transcode & stream running just before the holidays - I had
to update "lame" package to get transcoding to work. Right now I have 76 flv
files taking up 5.5GB on my webserver vs. 59 programs (only 1 or 2 are SD,
rest HD)  occupying 348GB out of 600GB on my mythbox. I have user job #1
creating the flv files for all recordings but so far I manually delete them
from the webserver because I don't want to put "delete" links on a public
page.

You must be able to run Flash webpages on a Wii's browser, then? I did not
know that...