[mythtv-users] Diskless

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:25:13 UTC 2007

I use, and have been very impressed by MiniMyth.

It's only as slow as your hardware, and can load the OS as a RAM disk either
locally or over a network.  Once booted, everything is local...OS and Myth
are in RAM.

I prefer to load MiniMyth to a compact flash card using a USB cardreader on
my desktop system, then plug the CF card into my frontend using a compact
flash to IDE adapter.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com - http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/minimyth