[mythtv-users] Temporarily stopping all recording

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Tue Jan 30 19:25:04 UTC 2007

   Here's a question that I haven't found an answer to.

   I'm in the process of moving and shut my cable off.  I'll be using the same
cable system after the move, so the MythTV box will migrate over nicely.

   But I'll be without cable for a couple of weeks.  That's no real problem,
since the Myth data partition has tons of shows recorded on the drive that I
haven't watched.

  The problem comes from Myth recording shows according to my schedule --
simply because the coax is now dead/off and it records nothing but static.

   My question is this: Is there a way I can tell MythTV "don't record
anything" without deleting my carefully entered recording schedules?  (Right
now I'm just start/stopping the backend daemon, but that's a PITA.)

   TIA for the whack with the clue-bat.

--
"If this war is so righteous, why don't you send your children?" -- Mother of
dead GI Susan Niederer to First Lady Laura Bush (Bush didn't answer).