[mythtv-users] firewire issues: Bug Warning in dmesg

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 20:55:14 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, greg at nodecam.com <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:

> Does plugreport look ok?

Plugreport gives me the data I have come to expect and (not so much)
love.  It looks similar to what I was seeing in my last setup, and
what is in Jarod's write-up.

On 1/30/07, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does test-mpeg2 capture work? You have to get that to work reliably before
> you can try to get it to work in Myth. What cablebox are you using?
>
> Allan

I have not begun to try to get things working in myth yet.  Doing it
all from the command line to avoid adding extra variables to the mix.
It does not work at all, but rather gives me a 0 byte size file.  I
would get that occasionally before, but I would also sometimes get
captures.  It does seem to indicate that it is working though; gives
me the same message that I always have gotten.

What makes me think something is odd is that when I use the 6200
channel changing script, it tells me there is no 6200 on the firewire
bus.

Not exactly sure of the model of STB, but it is a motorola 6200
variant (HD-DVR cable supplied box (it looks like this:
http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/dct6200/).