[mythtv-users] high whine from pc case : FIXED

Matt Gibson diwelf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 22:28:59 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I had an issue with my system (silverstone case, 350W ps) that it was
emitting a very high pitched whine every once in a while. I tried
everything to fix it, then happened across a forum posting relating to
something completely different.

Basically, if you're having a high pitched whine problem, make sure
that in your kernel configuration for ACPI that you have the
"processor" module disabled, and/or not compiled into your kernel.

Not exactly sure what causes the whine, but I've seen a few messages
about it here, and on the forums so hopefully this will help someone
else from buying a new case or PS.

Thanks,
MG