[mythtv-users] Diskless

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Jan 30 22:35:17 UTC 2007

> I came across the diskless how-to on the Wiki and, while I have the
> entire infrastructure in place (I build both windows and Linux boxes via
> PXE booting), I immediately thought "hey, that would definitely be QUIET".

I set up a diskless system 18 months ago on an Epia sp13000 and it goes
just fine - and quiet.

The network bandwidth is a non-issue as you are either loading
programs/libraries (only once at start of day) or accessing data, i.e.
neither being at the same time.

It means I can concentrate my storage in a sturdy raid5 LVM2
multi-partition array on the server :-)

--
Robin Gilks