[mythtv-users] Adjusting time for a Find Weekly/Daily Power Search?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jan 30 23:41:40 UTC 2007

nospam312 wrote:
> Does anyone know how to adjust the start time for a Find Weekly/Daily
> Power Search item?  It always says 00:00 regardless of the time when I
> create it?

Doh! Busted!

I don't have an interface for setting the interval start
day/time for Find* rules for any of the search types. These
are normally set from the showing being referenced when the
rule is being created but no show is referenced when a search
rule is created. These could be set from the current time but
then you'd have to wait for the right time to roll around before
you set your rule ("Sorry, Bob, I gotta go home now to set a
MythTV recording rule" ;-).

I've never had any really good idea but I suppose there could
be grayed out widgets on the options page under "Schedule
Information" where the day is active for FindWeekly and the
time active for daily and weekly.

However, here's what I do:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> select title,findday,findtime from record where title like 'Bai %';
+--------------------------+---------+----------+
| title                    | findday | findtime |
+--------------------------+---------+----------+
| Bai Ling (People Search) |       3 | 00:00:00 |
+--------------------------+---------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update record set findday=1,findtime='19:00:00' where title like 'Bai %';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql> select title,findday,findtime from record where title like 'Bai %';
| title                    | findday | findtime |
| Bai Ling (People Search) |       1 | 19:00:00 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Sunday is 1 so this was changed from midnight Tuesday to 7PM
every Sunday.

--  bjm