[mythtv-users] Diskless

Richard Scott richard at rhysmission.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 12:43:13 UTC 2007

I'm also running a diskless FE (M9000 ITX board in a Tranquil T2e case).
Completely silent. It's also a slave backend (has a PVR-350 for
recording from my Sky satellite receiver). I did have to add a 'proper'
network card from Intel to replace the onboard one - otherwise the box
hard locked when recording.

I'm not sure which distro you're running, but there seem to be problems
with the latest kernel (2.6.18) on FC5.  It doesn't seem to be able to
mount the client-specific directories properly.. Works fine with the
2.6.15 kernel though.

Richard