[mythtv-users] Using custom channels and scheduling

Matt Lane lanewaves at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:22:21 UTC 2007

I am using Myth in a different way...I use it to record services in my
church which are all at specific times. I have created a new channel to
which I have assigned it the s-video source. I can see video and can do
manual recordings.  What I want to do is have a schedule so that I don't
have to hit "R" every time.  I can set the schedule but it will only record
if I am watching live tv at the time the schedule needs to kick off.

Any ideas?  This worked fine in .19.  I never had to worry about if I was
watching live tv first.

I am on FC6, Myth .20

Thanks.