[mythtv-users] How to correctly use 'mythfilldatabase'?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Wed Jan 31 15:26:01 UTC 2007

Eduard Huguet schrieb:
> Hi,
>     Thank you all for your suggestions. It seems that I'll really need
> to do that XML hacking you suggest. I'll try later at home and post
> the results.
>
> @Matthias:
>    Glad to know there's someone more in my area using MythTV (and with
> the same DVB card too!). About the different grabbers, all I can say
> it's that LaGuiaTV seems to have more channels available, including
> some of the TDT ones. For what I've seen, the El Pais guide only have
> the analogic channels. Also it seems to have better program
> descriptions (it takes a way longer time to download...).
>
> AFAIK, there's no grabber here that returns the listings for all
> existing TDT channels rigtht now. There0s a web,
> http://www.programacion-tdt.com, that gives all the data in XML
> format, but I don't know how to use it in MythTV.
>
> On a side note: ¿are you capable of using the Nova-T 500 remote? It's
> not clear to me if this control is supported or not by LIRC.
>
> Cheers
>   Eduard Huguet
>   Barcelona (Spain)

Hi Eduard,

how do you change the xmltv script that is used by mythfilldatabase? I
did it by renaming the script once, but I had different problems so I
decided to redo the setup of my channels and returned to the original
script.

About the remote: I am using the Nova's remote (actually my card is not
the 500, but it also comes with the "Hauppauge Grey Remote"), but I also
have a Technisat SAT receiver card and I use the serial receiver that
came with that card (the remote of that card lacks a lot of buttons,
though). I read it is possible to configure lirc for the ir receiver of
the nova-t, it is on my list. I can send you my lirc.conf (but it
probably will not work for you, I just read David's posting) and my
lircrc if you are interested.

If you have clear sky towards the south, I recommend you to get a sat
dish and card: the quality of dvb-t here is really poor compared to sat
(which also is not always great; I have to admit though that I have not
checked spanish sat channels).

Cheers

    Matthias