[mythtv-users] MythTV & VIA EPIA-EN15000G

David Shay david at shay.net
Wed Jan 31 17:53:58 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:

> This board is not good for a MythTV, unless something has changed:
>
> http://linpvr.org/minimyth/document-hardware.shtml
>

> http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2006-October/002149.html
>
> -Pete
> http://www.mythpvr.com

I wouldn't overstate that.  I have an EN-12000EG (the fanless,
slightly-slower version of the EN15000) and am using it as a myth
backend/frontend just fine.  Those statements primarily relate to the
board's ability to act as a high-def frontend.  Granted, I initially bought
the motherboard based on claims that it would be able to do high-def, but
when I learned that it was not really capable there, I put it into service
as a perfectly capable, silent low-def backend/frontend combination (with a
PVR-150).