[mythtv-users] Listings problems early?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 01:20:11 UTC 2007

On Sat June 30 2007 6:01 pm, Rich West wrote:
> Dewey Smolka wrote:
> > On 6/30/07, Anthony Veale <veale at fafnir.dyndns.org> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm getting an early taste of the post-zap2it labs world.  After my
> >> successful mythfilldatabase run today, most of my data for tomorrow is
> >> gone and none of listings that it did load have categories for the
> >> programs.  The same is true for the last day of data which was loaded
> >> today.
> >
> > I'm sort of seeing this. Categories are gone as of tomorrow. I have
> > program data through Thurs, July 12 but Fri, July 13 is empty. It
> > should have been populated today.
> >
> > I certainly hope that TMS hasn't decided to push forward their cutoff
> > date.
>
> I was afraid that this might happen.  I think that is why so much of the
> list was consumed with zap2it topics since the announcement, too..
> everyone had the general feeling that once they made the announcement,
> the service could disappear at any time.  Ugh.
>
> So.. anyone have a good source for a starting point on some screen
> scraping code?  I wonder if DirecTV could be convinced to export their
> programming data to their subscribers via XML...

Why do you think that it's TMS shutting down zap2it? I've always seen msgs
that zap2it has a particular problem or the user does with his system and it
always gets worked out.

I don't know why TMS would be shutting down early when they have stipulated
Sep as the month. I would look somewhere else for the problem. Yes, it could
be zap2it, and it sometimes is but  not due to them shutting down.

brad