[mythtv-users] Downscaling HD Content on 480i

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Jul 1 15:09:51 UTC 2007

I've built a new frontend box with HD tuners and an HD screen and joined it in
a slave/master setup to my older standard-def box.

My problem is that the older standard-def box, using a PVR-350 for display,
won't downscale and display high-def content. I get sound and a blue box that
is about the correct width for the high-def content but no picture.

I've done my homework: searched the wiki, the docs and the lists here. Does
anyone know how to enable downscaling of HD content for a standard-def display?

Kirk Bocek