[mythtv-users] No sound on TV.

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Sun Jul 1 15:12:13 UTC 2007

Marcos Ramírez wrote:
> <snip>
> In MythTV, i can see the TV, but audio (sound) doesn't works.
>
> I have a saa7134 card, and all needed modules:

It's been a while, but as far as I can recall, I got my old saa7134 card
working something like this ...

With saa7134_alsa loaded, try 'cat /proc/asound/cards', and you should see
something like

 3 [SAA7134        ]: SAA7134 - SAA7134
                      saa7134[0] at 0xfeaffc00 irq 17
(where '3' happened to be the card number in my system).

Then in ~/.asoundrc (or /etc/asound.conf), set up an entry for the saa7134
card listed ...
  pcm.saa7134 {
    type hw
    card 3
  }
  ctl.saa7134 {
    type hw
    card 3
  }

Then in mythtv-setup -> Capture Card Setup, set the Audio Device to
 ALSA:saa7134

If you're real lucky, that might actually work. You may also have to visit
alsamixer -c 3 (or whatever number your card is!) and fiddle about with level
and capture settings. Like I said, it's been a while.

Cheers!