[mythtv-users] Syntax help: Alsa how to specify it in MythTV ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Jul 1 20:55:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

After an upgrade to F7 I lost sound in mythtv. I have sound in xine.
I'm using spdif but don't know what happend why the previous setting doesn't
work any longer. It used to be ALSA:hw:0,2
It seems in xine that changed to hw:1,2 probably due to problem with bios
versus kernel which detects my switched off onboard sound card.
Anyway, hw:1,2 doesn't work as well so I really wonder what the syntax should
be ?

How can I find out what I should input in the sound device field ?

I only use one output from my card (SPDIF). How can I make sure that within my
Linux system this is the only available output at all time for every
application ?

regards,
Marcel