[mythtv-users] This is how I adjusted the transparency of the OSD images

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:25:21 UTC 2007

I just want to mention another obvious way to solve the problem with
the volume popup etc hiding the subtitles, which is to simply move the
popup to another place on the screen.

What I've done now, using blootube-osd, is to simply edit the file
"/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blootube-osd/osd.xml" and retract a given
value from the y coordinates in the "status" container, so that the
status osd now appears on the top of the screen.

More general info here:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/OSD_development_guide

best regards
MartinG