[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend HD playback causes Segfault

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Mon Jul 2 16:55:45 UTC 2007

Ben Dailey wrote:
> Mike,
>
> The bug is apparently tighted to SSE processor extensions. It is
> possible why you are not seeing the segfault on your other machines?
> What processor are in each system? There has been a fix committed in
> head for this issue and it has solved the problem for me in my quick 2
> minute test this morning. If you would like I can give you my
> uninstall and build scripts that I use to make sure my system is clean
> for a new build. The log you attached looks very similar to what I was
> seeing before the segfaults but I am no expert and I wouldn't take my
> comments authoritatively.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
Hmm, actually yes, both my other systems are AMD, where as the system
I'm having trouble with is Intel. If a fix is already in the works then
I may just wait until Axel gets the next set of rpms out. I knew the
risk of running SVN when I upgraded to it, but decided it was worth it
so that my firewire STB would work reliably.

The kicker is that my backend is in the bedroom, my frontend is on the
nice big LCD HDTV. So I'm having to watch the HD stuff on my crappy
CRT.  :-(

Thanks for the replies.
Mike