[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

H.Ritola ritola-mythtv at oneten.cx
Tue Jul 3 13:01:38 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm new on the list and have built a MythTV Box in a Hiper case too.
Unfortunately that's my main MythTV box, therefore I'm not quite willing
to experment with it too much.

Dave Walker wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:17 -0400, Mark Buechler wrote:
>> Has anyone made any progress on this yet?
> I have been working on trying to get this working with Linux.  I added
> some scratchings to the wiki here:
> 	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hiper_HMC-2K53A

Great! I might add more scratches there as well, after I'll get
something to scratch about.

> The button events seem to be sorted but the VFD will require drivers.  I
> have attempted to reverse engineer the protocol for the VFD and it seems
> fairly sane.

I thought reverse engineer it as well. What I planned was to install
Microsoft Media Center over VMWare and assign the USB port and install
the drivers in to the Media Center. After that, all the traffic should
be easily monitored as they probably are all be HID messages. But again,
that's only in the planning stage and has quite a lot assumptions.

Regards,
Heikki