[mythtv-users] Should Soundgraph iMon MM and LC10M USB receiver work ?

Francis Tessier francis_tessier at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:25:03 UTC 2007

Hello MythTV people !

I'd like to know if my Soundgraph iMon MultiMedian remote should work with my Silverstone LC10M USB receiver. (The remote is white and it says "Soundgraph" on the bottom. The only colour buttons are the App.Exit, Power and MultiMedian if I recall correctly.

Any of you had success with such a setup ? Or did you went another way ?

Right now the remote semi-works. I explain:

This is my second setup of MythDora 4.0 by the way (I knew a little more what I was doing, and most of all, followed www.mythpvr.com video howto). At the remote setup part I choose iMon, and NOT setup IRBlaster.

At that point the remote only "works" if press very rapidely two different buttons. Same thing happens in MythTV and irw. But "mode2" gives me a clear output at every normal button stroke (no need for pressing two buttons in a row).

I use the lircd.conf.imon that came with MythDora 4.0 and deleted the sections that didn't apply to my remote (only kept the iMON MultiMedian part). I also changed the "zero  625   375" to "zero  625   625" but didn't change a thing.

I googled a lot and tried different things but nothing was successful until I tried this:

I changed /etc/lircd.conf "header" parameter from 9000 to 10000. With this tweak I only have to do the "two buttons in a row" once and then the remote works fine as long as I use it. For example if I navigate through the menus it will keep on working until I make my final choice. If I stop pressing buttons (lets say, for about a few seconds) I have to do the "two buttons in a row" trick to "wake up" the remote again.

I also saw a post about setting up MythTV with no remote at all and then loading the proper modules, but that didn't apply exactly to my particular hardware ...

I'd like to hear from people who might have had success with this kind of hardware, or from people who know better than me in remote control parameters settings ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Francis Tessier
MythDora 4.0P4 2.6 HT, 1G RAMNvidia 6600GTHauppauge WinTV PVR-150-MCESilverStone iMon MM (MultiMedian) remote & VFDSilverstone LC-10M Case