[mythtv-users] Shift in Pitch ( was Mickey Mouse-voices )

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Tue Jul 3 14:32:32 UTC 2007

This past Sunday, programs played through MythTV raised in pitch by a
significant degree.  Easily into the Mickey Mouse range.   I did some
research and came across the posting Mickey Mouse-voices (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/259454#259454 ) where
he found that turning on the experimental "Use video as timebase" was
causing the problem.   Sure enough, once I unchecked it, the squeakiness
went away.

I have been running 0.20 since Jan 2 of this year.  That flag has been on
all the while.  There have been no updates to the box since early March.
The machine was last restarted in April.  Like in the posting above, the
shift in pitch just started happening one day.  Is this explicable?