[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jul 3 17:21:41 UTC 2007

Steve Smith wrote:
> Yes a MythSqueeze gets my vote! Slimserver is in place and has lots of
> features,
> we've got SoftSqueeze already as a standalone client, MvpMC also
> implements a Slimserver client
> on the Hauppuage MVP it's an ideal fit!
>
> Just need someone to integrate SoftSqueeze into Myth....
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

 From glancing at it, I'm not sure this does what I want.  Maybe someone
can confirm or deny (or I could just read the manual!)

I don't want to stream music over my network, I want to play music _on_
my mythbox (since it is connected to my hifi and decent speakers) but be
able to control what it playing either via mythfrontend running on the
TV, or from a remote web front end running on my laptop / pda / phone /
whatever.  I don't (necessairly) want the sound to come out of the
device I'm using to control what is playing as my laptop speakers and
rubbish and sound tinny. (Although I guess I would want to stream
sometimes...)

Playlist manangement using a remote control is too tedious.  I just want
to be able to drag and drop from a remote (web) frontend on another PC.