[mythtv-users] Problem with TV Out on M2NPV-VM

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Tue Jul 3 19:02:34 UTC 2007

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote on 07/03/2007 02:12:14 PM:

> Hopefully someone can give me a hand.  I've been struggling with
> this for a week now, and have tried everything I can think of (and
> many different guides online).
>
> My system is:
> -Asus M2NPV-VM (GeForce 6150 onboard graphics with built in TV Out)
> -AMD A64 X2 3600+
> -1Gb DDR
> -PVR-150
> -CRT with a composite input.
>
> I set up Ubuntu following this guide: https://help.ubuntu.
> com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend
>
> When using the default video drivers that come with the install, the
> TV Out works, kinda.  The picture has a keystone and has a lot of
> underscan.  It is a bit distorted too.  I haven't found a way to
> adjust any of these with the default drivers.
>
> I've tried all of the proprietary Nvidia drivers in the Ubuntu
> repositories (nvidia-glx-legacy, nvidia-glx, and nvidia-glx-new).  X
> won't even start with the legacy drivers, so that is out.  With the
> two other drivers, X somehow overrides the BIOS configuration that
> has TV Out enabled and RGB disabled.  X displays only on the RGB
> connection and I cannot reconnect to any of the other terminals
> (CTRL+ALT+F1, etc...) that were displaying on the TV Out before X
started.

> Does anyone have a setup that works using the M2NPV-VM?  I'm willing
> to switch distros if need be.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David_______________________________________________

> ForwardSourceID:NT0000C06A

I have a similar setup as you do, David.  The differences are that I have
a PVR-500 AND PVR-250 and am running Fedora 5.  I was unable to use
composite from that motherboard and ended up using S-Video to tolerable
effect.  The only problem I have is that pure whites cast a dark(er)
shadow across the screen.  This happens both in and out of Myth (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/258392?#258392).

If you like I can forward you my setting when I get home tonight.
Modprobe.conf, xorg.conf and what-not.

Joe White