[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Jonatan mythtv at comhem.se
Tue Jul 3 20:04:14 UTC 2007

Robert wrote:
> Matthew McClement wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Sounds like mpd(http://www.musicpd.org) would get you 90% of the way
>> there. It's a music daemon that then has multiple frontends that can
>> control it. Some of the web interfaces, like Jinzora, also allow you to
>> decide if you want to stream the playlist to your machine or to play it
>>    via mpd.
>>
>> It won't be completely integrated with myth, but depending on how many
>> spare buttons you have on your remote you might be able to get away with it.
>>
>> Matt
>
> Now that sounds more like it.  I'll have to have a look into it.  I
> wonder how difficult it would be to write a Myth integrated front end
> for something like that?

A few weeks ago I actually started to look into writing a mpd plugin based on
MythMusic.  I haven't worked on it very much so there isn't that much
functionality at the moment.  Currently it loads the entire library and all
playlists, and also displays the current song, very much like MythMusic does.

It doesn't support playlist editing, saving/deleting playlists, or selecting a
song from the playlist.  Also, if you add/remove songs to/from the playlist from
a remote mpd client, the change will not be visible until you restart the plugin.

I don't know when I will add those missing features, but at least not during
this week.

/Jonatan