[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:35:34 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> Of course this another hack.
>
> The correct answer is that we all start writing patches for mythmusic
> and wacking them on trac.
>
> Dave

I agree.  MythMusic has all the core functionality (builds a library,
plays music and provides visual effects).

But there are some fundamental features that are missing.  In my mind,
these missing features are all centered around organizing the music
into playlists.

If we focus on incorporating some of the features from these other
applications into MythMusic, I think we'd have a solution that meets
the needs of most users.

To me this is a far cry better than having us fracture into groups
each implementing different non-integrated players.

Of course, I'm not a coder, so that's easy for me to say.

Tom