[mythtv-users] Problem with TV Out on M2NPV-VM

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 00:10:45 UTC 2007

David Kickham wrote:
> Hopefully someone can give me a hand.  I've been struggling with this
> for a week now, and have tried everything I can think of (and many
> different guides online).
>
> My system is:
> -Asus M2NPV-VM (GeForce 6150 onboard graphics with built in TV Out)
> -AMD A64 X2 3600+
> -1Gb DDR
> -PVR-150
> -CRT with a composite input.
>
> I set up Ubuntu following this guide:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend>
>
> When using the default video drivers that come with the install, the
> TV Out works, kinda.  The picture has a keystone and has a lot of
> underscan.  It is a bit distorted too.  I haven't found a way to
> adjust any of these with the default drivers.
>
> I've tried all of the proprietary Nvidia drivers in the Ubuntu
> repositories (nvidia-glx-legacy, nvidia-glx, and nvidia-glx-new).  X
> won't even start with the legacy drivers, so that is out.  With the
> two other drivers, X somehow overrides the BIOS configuration that has
> TV Out enabled and RGB disabled.  X displays only on the RGB
> connection and I cannot reconnect to any of the other terminals
> (CTRL+ALT+F1, etc...) that were displaying on the TV Out before X
> started.
>
> Does anyone have a setup that works using the M2NPV-VM?  I'm willing
> to switch distros if need be.

OK we use these boards for myPVR and they rock.

Composite video is good compared with a lot of boards we have tried.

I'd advise you to use the nvidia binary driver, and make sure your
xorg.conf forces COMPOSITE output.

Also play with nvidia-settings to tune the overscan, brightness etc.

Steve

--
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited