[mythtv-users] Any way to pay?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:12:10 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <
steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Here's an idea:
>
> What if we had a setup where zap sent its epg data to just one myth
> server,
> and all us myth users download from that server? Since zap seemed to
> indicate that the reason they are cutting the free service was from abuse
> and whatnot, they would not have to worry about that or about server
> strain
> if their info was being downloaded from some 3rd party server.
>
> Any thoughts on that?

That data is their entire business.  Handing it over to the myth developers
for free redistribution would be criminally stupid.

That said, if the zap2it topic interests you, you'll find about 500 posts
worth of discussion on the topic in the mailing list archives.