[mythtv-users] replacement IR sensor

David Greaves myth at dgreaves.com
Thu Jul 5 13:17:14 UTC 2007

Brian wrote:
> Alien Anchor wrote:
>> I recently broke the IR sensor that's plugged into my Hauppauge capture card, so I no longer have use of my remote control. I didn't have much luck finding a replacement for that IR sensor on the web. What's my best option here? Are there replacement IR sensors (for PVR-150) somewhere that I'm just not finding? If not, what other remote control (IR) solution is best? (And cheap?)
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

> Call Hauppauge.. They will sell you the components directly.

If that doesn't work out - or for those who know the difference between a
resistor and a transistor....

They use a bog standard IR receiver - the same as used in the lirc homebrew design.
There are 3 legs and these connect to a 1.5mm stereo jack. There is data for the
jack pinout on the web if you hunt.

I put pictures on the wiki a _long_ time ago - let me know if you can't find them...

David