[mythtv-users] Pause in image after switch channels...

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 6 10:11:41 UTC 2007

Bruce Markey wrote:
> So, after you change channels there is about half a chance that
> it will pause at least once in the first few seconds or minute
> until you hit pause or rewind. We could increase the delay (number
> of decoded frames queued) before playback starts after a channel
> change to reduce this effect but people complain much more about
> slow channel changes so it is a compromise to start as soon as
> possible without causing too many pauses.

Can you tell me where to find this setting? I am forever pausing the tv
after a channel change to allow it to "catch up" and would be perfectly
happy with another 20 frames or so. I am a hack of a programmer and am
currently running SVN so a pointer to the correct routine will get me
pointed in the right direction even if I need to recompile code to
implement the change.