[mythtv-users] Can't get xbmcmythtv to connect to sql database?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jul 6 20:06:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Arfsten wrote:

> I keep getting an error stating "connection to sql database failed, conn".
> Can anyone help me please? I do however notice that the password within the
> xbmcmythtv settings dialog box is mythtv, but my mysql password is different
> so I updated that. Was the correct to do that? I made sure that the
> mythtv-setup has the ip of the mythtv backend set to be static whereas it
> was originally 127.0.0.1. I do  notice however that the mysql.txt has
> DBHostname localhost. Should that also be the ip of the mysql database
> server or should I leave that

If you think about it, the line "DBHostName" would seem to indicate that
it needs to know where the DB host is. In your case, it definitely isn't
localhost. (localhost resolves to 127.0.0.1 - look in your /etc/hosts file).

If your mysql database is at 192.168.0.2, set "DBHostName" to that.

Mike perkins