[mythtv-users] ACPI shutdown not shutting down

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 06:45:34 UTC 2007

On 07/07/07, M L Truscott <mltruscott at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am using sudo - I thought that I had done what you suggest.  As I say
> it works okay if running from the command line but not as a daemon; IŽd
> better do some research on altering the sudo file...

Michael,

When you run as a daemon what user is it run as? You need to configure
sudo to allow the user that mythbackend is running as to "sudo
command" without password.

In other words, the init script may start mythbackend as a different
user than the user you are logged in as when you launch it from the
command line.

Cheers,

Roo.