[mythtv-users] Chaintech AV-710 problem

Vitaliy Zakharov kilativv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 19:16:17 UTC 2007

Hi,
I recently got a chaintech av-710 card so I can use my receiver through the
optical SPDIF. And that works without any problem(surround sound, regular
sound) I can watch my divx files, avi files, listen to music, etc.

However, ever since I got the card, everything that is being recorded is
accompanied by a high pitched noise. Same applies to watching the live tv.
My capture card is bt848 based. In the recording profiles the sound bitrate
is set to 48000. That is definitely not a cable interference issue - I tried
both the patch cable from the cable card to the sound card AUX and a regular
connection form the capture card output to the line-in of the sound card.

Also I didn't have the problem before and I can watch my old recordings
perfectly fine.

Could this be a AV-710 issue? I will appreciate any help or advice.