[mythtv-users] DirecTV D11-800

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sat Jul 7 19:57:43 UTC 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, Linedpaper wrote:
> I am having trouble getting my D11-800 to work via the wired method.
> Currently I am using the irblaster, but am not happy with it's performance.
> Has anybody succeeded in getting the D11-800 to work via the usb to serial
> cable?  If not has anybody been able to get another recent revision to work
> (such as the D11-500) via the cable?  If so I would like to see a copy of
> your config file for the channel change if possible, also wondering what
> you used for the cable setup as what I've read states only certain brands
> of the USB to Serial adapters will work!

I have one D11 HD receiver, and two D11 SDs. I am using a supported serial dongle. I also tried another random dongle, and that worked too. I don't know how critical the serial dongle type really is.

The SD boxen used to work with 115000 baud, but since they got a firmware update earlier this year they only do 9600.

The HD box runs fine with 115000 baud.
You can get my channel change scripts from:

	http://www.rvt.com/directv1.pl
	http://www.rvt.com/directv2.pl
	http://www.rvt.com/directv3.pl
IIRC, it's just the generic stuff from the wiki.
BTW: The channel change time was VERY long with the ir blaster, now it is even usable with live tv.
--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT