[mythtv-users] Xv not working

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sun Jul 8 01:42:59 UTC 2007

I have an older nvidia card. I use the s-video out to the TV. I use the
nvidia driver (nv maxes out my CPU and makes the box unusable). The card
is Xv capable and in the TV Out config I have the Xv box checked. But when
I try to adjust color during a playback, the value promptly goes to -1%. I
have read that this means a failure, but I don't know what to try next.

I searched google, the myth wiki and mythdora. I found nothing helpful.

class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: nvidiafb
desc: "nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x]"
video.xdriver: nv
vendorId: 10de
deviceId: 0185
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  1
pcidev:  0
pcifn:  0

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer