[mythtv-users] Permanent HDHomeRun IR sensor target setting?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:23:14 UTC 2007

> So now, if the power flickers or whatever, I just need to run the
> command manually.  Someday I'll need to give my wife an easy interface
> to make the change since power usually flickers when I'm at work....

I once had the power flicker in the middle of a movie that was recording.
when I went to watch it, there was just black after that point. The movie
wasnt being repeated soon, so I was kinda bummed. Ever since then, I have
had my HDHR on a UPS so that only happens if the power is out long enough to
drain the battery. I highly recommend having a UPS on your myth box if
possible, and RPTVs love them too. They keep the cooling fans spinning when
power is lost so nothing cooks itself dead.
-J