[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels using EPG

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 19:02:38 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Tom Andrews <ta264 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been attempting to set up MythTV for the past couple of days.  It's
> mostly working except that I cannot change channels using the EPG.  I
> move over a channel and press 'm', and it just dumps me back on the
> channel I was watching before and flashes up the OSD with the original
> channel info a couple of times.  I can change channel successfully if I
> use browse mode.

Try turning on the option "Use select to change the channel in the
program guide".  With the option on, you simply press the OK/Select
button on your remote (ENTER on the keyboard) to change to the current
channel in the EPG.

This option can be found via the menus at Utilities/Setup -> Setup ->
TV Settings -> Program Guide on Page 2.

Tom