[mythtv-users] EPIA MII-1000 advice needed on surround sound.

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Tue Jul 10 06:59:55 UTC 2007

Sarah Katherine Hayes skrev:
> Greetings,
>
> Looking for some advice from a fellow EPIA user (they seem quite a
> common frontend choice).  The people who've tasked me with this have the
> worlds weirdest surround systems, it's taking it's inputs in via
> multiple phono connectors (as opposed to SP/DIF or TOSlink), I seem to
> remember the sound chip on the EPIA can do this form of surround but not
> sure.
>
> Anyone any advice on if this is possible and possible wiring for the
> leads I'll need to make up?
>
> Sarah

Although I used* the SPDIF output of my SP-13000 to get surround I am
sure there is a setting to make the three 3.5 mm stereo plugs carry the
5.1 sound. I am not sure that is the output you are looking for (as you
don't specify the number of phono connectors) but my guess is that 3x
stereo to dual RCA might be what you need. Check the MII-10000 manual
for the jumper setting and also check what channel goes where on the
surround system (I think the setup of the Epia is L/R front, L/R back
and Center/Subwoofer spread across the three Speaker, Mic, Line connectors).

*I currently use just the stereo connection as I am remodeling the
entire setup (moved to MythDora 4.0 from EpiOS) and took the easy way to
get sound.

Fredrik