[mythtv-users] Why would this happen?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Jul 10 14:53:17 UTC 2007

David Watkins wrote:
>> The only times I have seen Myth tell me it can't find the file is when
>> my firewire STB fails to get a lock when it tries to start the
>> recording. So the next day when I go to play the show myth says file
>> cannot be found, but the db thinks it should be there and its listed in
>> the previously recorded.
>>
>> Not sure if you're even using firewire, so that may not help.
>>

> DVB can do the same thing, if the card can't get a lock.

Aha! Very interesting. I don't have firewire but I do have 3 DVB cards
in the machine. Time to check all the aerial connections are secure I
think. I am currently watching tonites recording and everything is fine
so far (I remember how much I hate adverts now!). I did increase the
recording priority above all else so that *may* have made a differnce,
but I will check the connections all the same.

Cheers
Bruce