[mythtv-users] mythtv2go

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:58:56 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use nuvexport It will export your videos from mythtv into many
> different formats.  Works great for Xvid/Divx.
>
> -Gregg

nuvexport is great for converting recordings to different formats or
for compressing to smaller file sizes, but it takes a lot of time.

Recently my wife had surgery, and was facing an extended (4-5 day)
hospital stay.  On the day before the surgery, she realized that she
would not be able to watch shows and movies that she had recorded.

So I ran out and purchased a 500gb USB hard drive, ran mythrename.pl
and copied the recordings she wanted to it.  Then I grabbed my old
Windows laptop and installed VLC.  In a couple of hours we were ready
to go.

I earned lots of points (which I am sure I will need later).

Tom