[mythtv-users] TiVo-like program guide

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Jul 10 18:48:50 UTC 2007

Jay Mallar wrote:
> One of the outright *best* things about my TiVo is the program guide.
>
> The TiVo guide is more vertical and has two panes.  On the left pane
> you get a list of about 10 channels and what is currently playing on
> each channel.  When a channel is selected in this pane the right hand
> pane displays the schedule  over the next several hours on that
> channel.  When you are in the right hand pane up/down move
> forward/backward in time on that channel.  When you are in the left
> hand pane, up/down move between channels.  As you move between
> channels, the right pane updates to reflect upcoming programming on
> that channel.
>
> Here's an example: http://www.pvrcompare.com/SATivo2TivoChannelGuide.jpg
>
> It's *by far* the most efficient program guide I've ever seen.
>
> Is there any way to duplicate TiVo's guide style in MythTV?
> --
> -Jay

Personally I always change the Tivo preferences to match more like Myth,
and that was even before I had seen Myth's. I just like that layout
more. I can see into the future on more channels in one glance.

But to each his own, I'm guessing you won't see it in MythTV until some
developer decides he/she likes it better, then it will be an option. :-)

Mike