[mythtv-users] Best Remote?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Jul 10 20:46:28 UTC 2007

I currently have a Harmony 880 remote -- but I'm thinking of downgrading.

It used to control my vcr, media center, dvd player, dvd recorder, and
comcast PVR.  (And, of course, TV and AV Receiver)

Now it controls my mythtv, and, occasionally, a VCR.  (And TV & AV receiver)

But -- I've had trouble finding a good profile to have enough buttons to
control my myth effectively.  I want commercial skip buttons, delete
buttons, parental control buttons, etc.  So I quickly run out.

So -- my question is -- what's the best remote for Myth?  I'm willing to
e-bay my harmony, to if I can find something with lots of buttons, with a
good lircrc, that will also control volume on my AV receiver, and power on
my TV.

Any suggestions?

-Dave

--