[mythtv-users] removing commercials

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 10 21:47:16 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
>> You can check that you have set 'Use Cut  List' for all the recordings
>> you have added to a DVD by looking on the last page of the wizard where
>> the 'Finish' button is located. The list of items to be recorded at the
>> top of that screen should have the check box checked below the pair of
>> scissors icon for all the items you want to remove commercials.
>>

> I wondered what that box was for now I know, thank you very much. Excuse
> my ignorance but where do I find all the items for each screen explained
> so that I can avoid doing silly things?
>
> Norman

The problem is no developer likes writing documentation least of all me
:-) so there isn't really anything other than the wiki page at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive.

I think Myth would benefit from a context sensitive help system that
would allow you to press a key on each screen in Myth to get a popup
help screen detailing  what each screen does. I wouldn't mind writing
something that does that but the problem is getting someone to write and
maintain the help documentation.

Paul H.