[mythtv-users] Searching for motherboard with working suspend to ram

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:27:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am using my desktop system also for MythTv (with Geforce svideo tv-out).

I want to make smal htpc computer with Athlon am2 x2 3800 EE SFF
because it is cheap and it needs max. 35W. I am also getting  a nice
Antec Fusion Black case which have a small display and IR receiver
built in.

Only part I am missing is a motherboard. My current desktop
motherboard (Asus M2N32-SLI) is great, but suspend to ram is working
2-3 times without problems, but next time my system is hanging and I
have to reset it. That's a big problem, and I was not able to find a
solution for this or debug this problem.

I am looking for a micro ATX motherboard for AMD am2 with a reliable
suspend to ram. It would be nice to have Geforce chip with DVI and
SVideo output. I found a few motherboards (Asus, Biostar) with this
specification, but no reports about suspend to ram on Linux.

Can someone recommend me a motherboard with a working suspend to ram?
Geforce chip is not so important, I could also use my existing Geforce
card if the motherboard does not have SVideo or DVI.

Thanks a lot.

M.