[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 doesn't exist?

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Wed Jul 11 03:01:52 UTC 2007

I was met one problem about "dev/video0 doesn't exist" when returning back
from mythtv-setup process.
However this /dev/video0 does exist in my current system, and when I used
the the following two commands to test for video0, I could got the saved
test_captured.mpg when using command (2), but could not got live capture
video when using the first command (1).
(1)#cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg    //
(1)#mplayer -vo xv /tmp/test_capture.mpg
Moreover, I could not watch TV via mythtv.

my current user in this fedora system is mythtv.

Hope to get your help, and any suggestion would be welcome!

Jeryy