[mythtv-users] EPIA M10000 & Plextor ConvertX MPEG2 ??

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jul 11 03:40:10 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jul 10, 2007 at 07:34:36PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > More than a simple hack, that's why I haven't got it in yet.  Basically
> > the file writing portion of NVR has been broken out into NuppelWriter
> > and AVFormatWriter classes so we can potentially write out any format

> When do you expect to commit it ?

No timeframe right now.  I haven't had near as much MythTV time as I'd
like recently so I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like.  My current
patch can write out nuv, mpeg-ps, and flv from NuppelVideoRecorder.  I've
tested this mainly from within mythtranscode, so it needs lots of testing
with normal recording and with the ConvertX box.

Quite a few thigs left on my todo list including:

 - fix an issue with resampled audio in flv files
   (I can resample fine to a mpeg-ps file, but when I put the same audio
    in a flv, it plays weird)
 - copying of AC3 audio during transcoding
 - see if I can get text carried over during transcoding
 - resolve a few '#FIXME' comments
 - cleanup/fix the GUI mods
 - test normal recording and fix any related issues
 - allow mythtranscode to write transcoded output to stdout while
   squelching all error/warning/info text messages
 - cleanup code some

I have some work done on some of the above items, but some are just
hacks right now as a proof of concept and need cleaning up.  So it's a
ways off right now.

> Is there a branch I should track for this ?

There isn't one now, the patches exist only in my local svn checkout,
but I may create a branch when I go to commit this code since it has the
potential of breaking NVR.

If you want to be a guinea pig when I get a patch ready for consumption,
email me privately and I'll try to remember to send you a patch when I've
got it working enough to use the ConvertX in MPEG-2 mode.

--
Chris