[mythtv-users] System melt down

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:20:16 UTC 2007

Ok, I'll stop blaming Linux. Thanks for the extra info so that I don't
doubt it.

I've just tried booting with UltimateBootCD, and can't find fsck in any
of the options. I've tried booting into a couple of the life CD's
included on there and when I try fsck from their command lines, I just get:
fsck: not found

I'm going to try to dig out an Ubuntu live CD or something and try
again. There are other Disk tools on the UltimateBootCD, but not sure
which to try, if any.

My drive appears fine when I go into the HighPoint Menu (after boot due
to it being plugged into the Raid (HPT370 IDE controller)). It doesn't
shot up in the bios menu, but it shouldn't and never did. First boot
goes to ATA100RAID. This has always worked fine with windows and recent
Ubuntu's. It confused KnoppMyth, but Ubuntu is fine with it.
A slightly more worrying thing is that the boot sequence only seems to
be displaying half of my actual memory!

Could all of this be a memory problem or is it starting to point to my
motherboard?

I'll try to find a live CD

Cheers
Damian