[mythtv-users] System melt down

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 14:42:49 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>
>> I've replaced the power supply, so that should be fine now.
>
> Not if it was damaged or simply "dragged down" by a bad mobo or card :-)
>
>> I'm curently
>> running Memtest on the memory, then I'll see what I can do and how to
>> test the motherboard.
>
> The fact that the test runs at all is a good sign.
>
> BEWW

Before running the memtest, I booted with the UltimateBootCD, but walked
away from the machine and forgot to press enter to boot the UBCD. So it
booted into Kubuntu instead! I returned to see the log in screen.

I was very happy to see that, but didn't want to go into it as I have a
monitor instead of my projector plugged in at the moment and I didn't
want it to do any auto configuring changes or anything. Rebooted and
went into Memtest, but looked like a good sign to me?!?

Damian