[mythtv-users] Remote to turn *on* mythtv?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:28:42 UTC 2007

> > I can't think of any way to do it -- but is there a way to turn on
> > a myth box via remote?  What about if suspended?  Can it do
> > wake-on- serial?

I can power on via remote using this IR receiver:

http://www.origenae.com/en/accessory_vf110.htm

The IR receiver and VFD display are powered via a 24-pin ATX pass
through, and they tap into the power that is live even when the machine
is powered down.  Further, they provide a cable to plug into your
mobo's power switch (the switch that you normally connect to the case's
power switch)

With this set up, hitting the remote's power button is identical to
pressing the machine's power button.

When I got this display, I had no idea this feature was included... it
was a very pleasant surprise.