[mythtv-users] Replacement for Zap2it: "Easy TV Data"

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:29:13 UTC 2007

Well, not sure if it's been "officially" announced, but between the
time I ate dinner and came back, the wiki page for DataDirect had been
updated by Chris Peterson (Xris):

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Data_Direct
"Current Status
A group of developers from various open source and free-as-in-beer
projects have formed a new company called Easy TV Data, which will
replace Zap2it Labs to become the official provider of US and Canadian
TV Listings for MythTV (and other projects). Please see
http://easytvdata.org/ for more information.
"

and, from http://easytvdata.org/:

"This organization was formed by members of various software projects
discontinuing the free TV listings service that they have been
providing to the non-commercial free and open source communities for
the last 3+ years.

We know that many of you are waiting on the edge of your seats to find
out what's going on behind the scenes here, and we're just as excited
to tell you, but we can't give you many details while we are still
involved in negotiations. We can, however, let you know that we are
actively working on a solution that will provide what we hope will be
a smooth transition away from Zap2it Labs by the September 1 deadline.
We will release more details as soon as we are able to do so, so
please keep an eye on http://easytvdata.org/ for updates.

In the mean time, we are in need of a good lawyer who is familiar with
business contracts and federal nonprofit law (preferably someone
willing to work pro bono, at least initially). We are also looking for
a good accountant (we are registered in Washington State) to help with
any eventual financial/tax paperwork. If you are qualified and willing
to help, please contact us.

Thanks for sticking with us,

The Easy TV Data Board:

Isaac Richards, Chairman  (MythTV)
Robert Eden  (XMLTV)
Daniel Kristjansson  (MythTV)
Kevin Odorczyk  (MacProgGuide)
Chris Petersen  (Mythtv)
"

Well, all I have to see is Thank you to Iaac, Robert, Daniel, Kevin,
and Chris for kicking this thing off.  Good luck to all of you and
know that you've got a lot of support behind you!

Thanks!
Matt