[mythtv-users] ivtv can't be loaded properlly? asking for help!

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 12 11:20:53 UTC 2007

Xi Jiarong wrote:

> I follow ivtv driver installation steps for my Hauppauge PVR150 card
> in MythTV at www.wilsonet.com.
> But now, I found I can't load ivtv.
>
> I found the ivtv driver does exist, including:
> ivtv-firmware,ivtv-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2925.fc6.i686 have been installed in
> this computer.
>
> But I can not get any information in /var/log/messages when using the
> following command:
> "tac /var/log/messages |
> sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
> /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
> tac"
>
> Moreover, I can got the warning: "/dev/video0 does not exist", but
> /dev/video0 does exist in my this computer, puzzled!
>
> How to solve this problem?
> Aay suggestion would be welcome!
> Thanks in advances!!

First thing to try is to see if it is trying to load at boot and failing
or simply never getting loaded so take a look at the output of dmesg and
see if there are any clues in that output.

# dmesg | grep ivtv

Once you have that info, report back here and include in your message
what linux distro you are using.

Good luck,
Bill